Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2250 attendant can't make calls? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2006
US
Well, we can call the number (an outside line) from the console but then when their phone system p[rompts to enter in the extension and we start entering numbers we get a fast busy and have to hang up. I can go to any other phone in the building and make the same call just fine but not from the att console. Is this normal? How do people make calls from an attendant console? It will make other local calls just fine - only problem is in entering further info via keys...

here's the ld21 print

TYPE ATT_DATA
CUST 00
OPT AHD BIND BIXA BLA
DNI IC1 XTG IDP XLF XBL
FKA MWUD LOD
REA SYA ATDA
ATDN 0
NCOS 7
CWUP NO
CWCL 0 0
CWTM 0 0
CWBZ NO NO
EFLL 0
MATT NO
RTIM 30 30 30
ATIM 0
AQTT 0
AODN
SPVC 00
SBLF NO
RTSA RSAD
SACP NO
ABDN NO
IRFR NO
XRFR NO
IDBZ NO
PBUZ 02 10
ICI 00
ICI 01
ICI 02
ICI 03
ICI 04
ICI 05
ICI 06
ICI 07
ICI 08
ICI 09
RICI

I may be wrong but in your LD 12 parameters you need a key assigned for EES (end to end signaling or some call in tones)I believe you have to press this key then use your dial pad for DTMF

MIKE

Program a ees key on the console End to End Signalling key. While on a active call press the ees key than press the keypad to send dtmf tone than ees to end the procedure. The 2250 attendant console users guide is where I found this info.

End-to-end signalling
You can send Dual Tone Multiple Frequency (DTMF) signals from your console to access devices that
require Touchtone signalling, such as Meridian Mail.

Do You have a key for EES (end to end signaling)? If not you will need to add it in LD 12.

Looks like I have one - just didn't know it:

TN 020 0 02 00
TYPE 2250
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
SGRP 0
SETN 020 0 02 01
ANUM 01
IADN
ALPD NO
SSU 0000
ICDR ICDD
ABAN ABDD
CPND CNDA
AADN
DNDI DNDA
DAPC DAPA
LANG 00
KEY 00 BVR
KEY 01 BIN
KEY 02 EES
KEY 03 RDL
KEY 04 PRK
KEY 05
KEY 06
KEY 07
KEY 08
KEY 09
KEY 10
KEY 11
KEY 12
KEY 13
KEY 14
KEY 15
KEY 16
KEY 17
KEY 18
KEY 19

So now I just gotta figure out which one is key 2...where did I put that manual again?

I am sure you will find it but try the third key up on the right.

Haha - yep - that was it - and ya wanna know the BEST part?

It was tagged "TONE".

Probably like that from the people who had this building before us. Nobody here ever pushed it because they never had to make a call that required it. I think I better print out the 2250 user guide I found at Nortel.com and pass a few copies around. And pin one to MY cube wall.

Cheers!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back