Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2245 Replacement-Spectralink 8000 series??

Status
Not open for further replies.

usfloors

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2010
US
I was looking for an alternative to a 2245 svp server for my single 2210 phone I recently purchased. I have a complete spectalink 24 network which give me SVP support but I do not have a SVP server, which is what the 2245 acts as. Looking at the phone, it looks like it is capable of showing up at a i2004 phone (terminal Type).

The below is what lead me to this question.
----
The WLAN Telephony Manager 2245 deencapsulates the VoIP traffic from SVP and passes it onto the network—it does not translate between UNIStim and SVP. Therefore, the Telephony Manager 2245 is in the path of all communication to and from the handset. Likewise, signaling goes from the handset to the Telephony Manager 2245 to the call server.
----

It seems that this device does what any spectralink device would do.

Can anyone provide me with some spectralink part numbers to look for that could do what I am looking for?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back