Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2100 secondary code (scanner or controller error??) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidlakey

Technical User
Nov 7, 2003
GB
ready light comes on when press go button for secondary error message. Has anyone ever successfully found the problem to be either the scanner or controller board. we have 4 printers with this fault. When you print long job last page comes out very slowly and primary error message comes up first(attention led and go led).

Thanks..

Try changing the spool timout settings for the printers. Also check for a newer firmware for JetDirect cards if you are using any. If these steps don´t work, you might need to put your printer into "lossy mode". Lossy mode is a set of PJL commands, to make the printer able of handling larger jobs perhaps a little slower, but safer.

Thanks for the tip but this printer is printing through the parallel port when it goes wrong, the HP Service manual says to replace scanner or controller.....this seems to be a very common problem on the 2100 but we have never replaced either yet to try and rectify the fault. We have 6 printers in our workshop scrapped with same fault....has any one else had these troubles? (It only happens on long print runs)

I really doubt that it's any of those areas causing the problem, otherwise why wouldn't it happen on any sized print job. If your printers are getting up there in page count, I'd be replacing pickup and feed rollers and separation pads in the trays. I'd bet you're getting a timing issue...minute slippage that adds up as print job continues, until finally timing to sensors goes out of whack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back