Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

208v receptacle help needed ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrequest

MIS
Jul 12, 2007
US
As I type this, electricians are starting to wire power to my server room. I didn’t realize they’d be here. I’m new to running things at 208v but it seems all my equipment supports 100 – 240ish volt. I understand I would replace power cords to plug into C13 at the device end, and C14 at the power strip or UPS end. What should I have installed at the wall or whip receptacle? Presumably, I’d plug UPS into this with some kind of twist lock? The electrician isn’t certain what type of receptacle is common for IT equipment.

TIA

Even though it's high voltage, your equipment will dictate the amperage needed and that in turn will point to the "plug". Also, your UPS will need to connect into a or some high voltage PDU(s) (power distribution unit). This will give you your outlets for your C14 to C13 power cords.

What model UPS do you have?

We are going to continue to our 120 volt UPS for now. I now better understand you start with the load your equipment runs to determine the UPS, which determines the receptacle it plugs in to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back