Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2050 softphone license activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTDude

Technical User
Dec 4, 2011
US
Hi there,

I recently purchase a license for the 2050 PC soft phone from a major Avaya distributor. They have sent me the authcode, but are claiming ignorance as far as activating the license and generating the actual license file. They are stating they don't have KRS access to generate it (seems odd, but the distributor also seems fairly unsure of anything Nortel).

I'm 100% Avaya Aura at this point. This is a lab system and I do not have a relationship with another vendor who can activate it for me.

Is anyone here able to help?

I would recommend you obtaining the 2050 softphone at version 2. This copy doesn't require keycodes and I use it OK on Windows 10 64 bit.

Yes KRS was withdrawn for most distributors unless they do a lot of "Nortel" business. I can't see the sense in doing it. It's probably done to force customers to move to Aura. In my experience, many customers are going to other suppliers instead.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Sounds about right. I know that both of my previous employers that were big Nortel users are now solidly Cisco. Current employer is in the process of consolidating about a dozen various PBX's down to one Aura system.

If I can't find anyone to activate it, at least I'm not out a lot of money. The distributor had a pricing error that they honored. It was about the same price as a can of Coke.

I have done 2050 licenses in the past you just log in to KRS and there is a 2050 license link on the headings on the left. If you are using the Licensing server option (we were) you just needed the MAC details produced by the App that you can download (in the support.avaya.com under 2050 download there is the server application, it adds an app to produce the details for KRS when you install it, and obviously the 2050 software). There is the other option of a license on every PC but I have not tried this, guessing it is along the same lines.

bignose21, that's exactly the problem though. I don't have access to KRS, my distributor doesn't have access, and I don't know anyone who still does. I have access to download form support.avaya.com, but no way to activate the license I purchased. I have PLDS access, not KRS.

Friebird, I would have no problem using version 2, except it appears to have been pulled from Avaya's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back