Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2050 softphone generating 4673 error in the Event Log at 50/second

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapaa

Programmer
Nov 3, 2006
US
Anyone receiving the following error in the System Event Log under Security, this occurs whenever the 2050 soft-phone is fired up, in fact you might be getting this and haven’t checked. The error occurs at the rate of around 50/second.

Audit Failure | Microsoft Windows security auditing | 4673 | Sensitive Privilege Use

- Process Name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\2050 IP Softphone\i2050.exe

Microsoft suggested a workaround by going into group policy and adding the user, of the PC, to the Local Computer Policy/Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/ Security Settings/Local Policies/User Rights Assignment but our security team said no, that’s not a good workaround. Avaya said this is not an issue with their phone this appears to be a Microsoft issue.

This issue occurred on XP and now on Win7, not sure if producing that many entries per second could be causing any performance issues but it surely obscures the ability to see any other messages being logged.

Try posting this to the "Nortel: CS 1000 (Meridian) Systems" forum since the 2050 is not supported on CM/Aura.

Thanks, gwebster, I was torn which forum to post it under as we used the 2050 softphone in conjunction with the Avaya Aura Agent Desktop (AAAD which used to be CCAD) application. I'm not sure what CA Aura is? So I threw this into this forum in case others use the 2050 with AAAD, however, the error fire off as soon as you bring up the 2050, AAAD doesn't have to be running, in fact I installed the phone on a test machine and didn't even have it configured and the errors were being generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back