Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2050 Soft Phone Ringing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

eras3r_

Technical User
Dec 28, 2022
US
thread798-1803464

So this is the same issue as thread798-1803464 and I see the solution as having to change the softphone's CLS from BUZZ to RNGI/RNGB (to change the notification from a single beep to an actual ringtone) but I am unsure of how to do this within the Avaya 2050's settings, could anyone help?

Previous thread:
So we are currently on Rls 7.6 and ran into a small issue that I cannot seem to figure out regarding the 2050 IP Soft phone for Windows (4.4 Rls 9 - latest release). When an inbound call occurs we only get a single buzz/beep tone instead of any ringing tone indicating a call is coming in. Certain sets just started doing this for no reason.

Suggested fix:
So, we figured it out. Our soft phones had CLS BUZZ set instead of RNGI/RNGB. No clue why only certain phones were listening to this configuration and others not, but changing them to RNGI fixed it.

My issue:

I do not know how to change the CLS from BUZZ to RNGI/RNGB.

Also answered in IPO Forum but it is not done on the PC but on the CS1K in LD11

REQ chg
TYPE 2050pc
TN l s c u
ECHG yes
ITEM cls rngi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back