Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2050 Copy DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBailey42

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2013
US
Hey all,
I recently inherited the enviable task of maintaining and updating our phone system from a previous admin who left for greener pastures. We do have a support vendor that I utilize for major issues, but I'm learning quite a bit as I go and I'd like to handle as much in house as I can.

That said, a user in office will be working from home starting next month, and I'd like to build the softphone right now. I'm encountering SCH3300 when I enter her DN during the TN copy (copying from another 2050pc, non-acd, home user who utilizes the exact same set up):

>ld 20
REQ: cpy 1
TYPE: 2050pc
CFTN 100 0 1 2
TN 100 0 1 5
DN 5073
SCH3300

I know it's possible to have DNs applied to multiple TNs, I'm just not sure how to go about it. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, if there are useful or helpful links for a relative beginner I will gladly welcome those.

During the CPY command, you have to pick a DN that is not used. This is only required to complete the CPY. After you complete the CPY, then you can add 5073 as KEY 00 if you wish.

If you looked up that error, it says "The DN or Position ID is invalid, it must be unique." Here are the books you need [URL unfurl="true"]http://www.ghtrout.com/micromerl/index.html[/url]

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

I appreciate the reply, thank you. In hindsight that seems like I should have thought to use an open DN and changed the extension afterward. That worked of course.

And thank you VERY much for the link. :)

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back