Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

201i 2.0 to 4.0 upgrade, anyone with experience on this? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDriver

Vendor
Dec 14, 2004
US
Just received the upgrade kits, looks like we're going to 2.025 first then 4.0. I wondered if anyone had been through this before and are their any caveats I should be aware of? I haven't had time to look over the Documentation yet so if it's just plain simple tell me.
One reason I'm concerned is a tech that used to work with us did one a while back and I believe he had to rebuild the data base from scratch.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Mechdriver

Anytime i have went from Rls 2 to Rls 4 i have started with a complete frsh rls 4 system and configured the users etc from new. The reason is that I once did a Rls 2 upgrade to Rls 4 and this didnt go well. Ended up wiping it and starting afresh anyway.
There is more than a strong possibility that I may have done something wrong but I learnt my lesson and just spend the small amount of extra time configuring from new becasue then I know exactly what is in the system.

Hope this helps.

If I understand correctly, you are first going to upgrade TO 2.02. What release are you on now? The upgrade from 1.07 to 2.x was really a pain in the butt, there are lots of little details to attend to, and potential for failure if you don't dot all your i's and cross all your t's.

By contrast, the upgrade to 4.0 is pretty smooth. However, the quickest way to fail an upgrade is to assume it is just plain simple, not reading and following the procedure carefully, and not doing all your prep work.

After checking the system we are upgrading I found that we are already at 2.01.27.15. I am starting to read some to make sure I don't have to up this to 2.02 before going to 4.0.

Make sure you get the latest preupgrade check and run it. The trick is to identify and fix any issues before ever attempting the upgrade.

Sorry guys, I'm always a day late and dollar short.

But these are few things to watch out for

Before you upgrade Remote Desktop into CallPilot go through the configuration wizard and take screen captures of all screens (this will come in handy once you are ready to reneter information)

Take screen captures on your Elan and CLAn Nics

******Reinstall the same languages you had before, If you had portugeze you need to reinstall it. You need to reinstall the same languages you had before, otherwise your upgrade would not work.

Do a backup to the network besides the tape, you recovery time will be 3 times faster

good Luck

Kudos to Tippman71 for your very specific and valid suggestions. Have a star!

When upgrading CallPilot 201i from 2.02 to 4.0, does the PBX need to be upgraded as well? Currently on 3.0

No, you don't need to upgrade the PBX from 3.0 just because of the CallPilot upgrade. Make sure you update your PBX patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back