Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2010 Foundation Standard Document Template Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonPGreen

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2004
GB
Hi,

New to SP so please bear with me as I am struggling to understand the best way of doing something.

We are looking to use SP to host a number of document templates i.e. one repository to go to for to access our organisational forms i.e. standard letter templates, QA forms etc.

We would want users to open the template document (from a document library I imagine) complete and populate meta-data however the completed document would be stored in another library specific to a project or department etc.

Can someone point me to documentation that demonstartes how to do this sort of thing or give a little guidance.

Appreciate any help.

Simon

I'd start by creating Content Types for the different forms. Then use those Content Types in a Document Library.

From there, you can use rules or create a custom workflow with SharePoint Designer to move the documents around.

How to create a Content Type:

Content Organizer rules:

SharePoint Designer Worflow example:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back