Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2008 R2 failover cluster: how do I change a subnet mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckmaginessfabals

Technical User
Mar 29, 2011
GB
Hi.

Can anyone tell me how to change the network+subnet mask details for a Windows Server 2008 R2 failover cluster (comprising 2 nodes + a third server where the file share witness resides), which I’ve recently inherited?

I think the subnet mask in question was recently changed in the NIC properties, to reflect a network change. The mask is correctly defined in the NIC properties, according to the network guys, but in Failover Cluster Manager (FCM) the network in question still appears with the old subnet mask.

If I open the cluster properties in FCM, there seems to be no option to change the mask of the network in question. There’s an option to add a network, but this only offers predefined network+mask combinations from a drop-down list. If I remove the now incorrectly-defined network and then try to add a network, I’m just offered the same incorrect network+mask combination.

I can’t find anything to tell me where the drop-down list is populated from? Should it pick up the network+mask details from the NIC properties, or do I need to define them somewhere else in FCM, or in Powershell, or somewhere else altogether? The node in question has been rebooted several times since the NIC properties were changed, btw.

Any advice much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back