Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2008 Phone Becoming Inactive (Not Disabled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26thPair

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
US
I got one for ya'll. I have a 2008 phone on an 11 that periodically becomes inactive. Displays "On" but the phone is unusable. And after about 10 minutes becomes active. I started monitoring the phone in LD 32 and it never goes to DSBL it remains Enlb and Idle. If you call it you hearing ringing and it goes to voicemail. But the user doesn't receive a ring on the phone.

This is where it gets weird, it appears the switch is testing for an AOM on the phone because of the keys that is was listing for programming. But as you know 2008's don't have an AOM

I've deleted and recreated the phone changed TNs. But it keeps doing the same thing. And the switch will attempt to do this multiple time through out the day an nite.

Could the set itself be causing the problem? have you tried a different 2008 there?

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

is it only the 1 phone that this is happening to ?

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

WHAT RELEASE OF SOFTWARE ARE YOU RUNNING

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

ALSO WHEN THIS HAPPENS GO TO LD 80 AND TRAC THE EXT WHEN YOU RING IT AND SEE WHAT'S IT DOING

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

swap the tn or the card.. if your in a larger switch reload the network card.. you posted that you hear ringing? you hear ringback? but the station does not flash or ring.. what do you see when you idu the set while it is asleep? have you used entc

ld 80
entc 4 0 0 0 2359
gotr

very busy trace, half a page or more for each key depression. but it may help.. that command did not work on older 11's.. it may work now, not sure

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sorry for the delay. I got a little side tracked. I've been tryin to use the ld 80 feature but running into some problems I keep getting the TRA306 error. This is what I'm entering, this is correct right?

.ENTC 27 10 0800 = (Trace TN 27 10 for 8 Hrs)

TRA306

Or is it possible the LD doesn't work in my switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back