Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2007 debugger always prompts for .pas

Status
Not open for further replies.

leit0050

Technical User
Sep 4, 2007
US
Hello,
I'm trying to debug an old project. When I add a break point the program will execute up to that breakpoint fine. At that point if I do trace, step over, or step into I get prompted for several *.pas files. Google leads me to believe *.pas is a pascal/delphi extension. Why would the program be looking for this if the project is a builder version? Here is a list of the files it is looking for.

Controls.pas
Stdctrls.pas
classes.pas

I just click ignore to each of these prompts. After clicking ignore, I am always taken to the CPU debug tab which is really annoying. Can someone help me out with this? How would my program be referencing these files and is there a way to not always pop into the CPU view?

Thanks

You are correct that *.pas are pascal/Delphi source code. Since Builder allows for compiling and using of Delphi code many libraries are built in Delphi and then ported over to C++. I've run into several TurboPower libraries that do this.

Do you have the *.pas files somewhere on your system?

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

No, I've searched for them all and I do not have this set. I do have other pas files however. This is an old legacy project and I don't know if it would be referencing these somehow. How would I check?

Yes, they will still be referenced if they are part of the *.obj files or resource files.

There used to be a shortcut key that would allow you to get into the resource files. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the shortcut to work since XP installed SP2.

I'll look around and see what I can find, though.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Thank you that will really help me out.

Sorry about the delay. I had several crises to take care of.

I'm using BCB 6 and these files are part of the standard VCL package. The should be located in (normally) \Program Files\Borland\CBuilder6\Source\VCL or wherever you put the compiler.

This path should be already set up in your default.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Hi,
I know I didn't have the files for 2007 but somehow this has gone away. I've changed several things to get it there though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back