Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2005 Auditing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2009
GB
Hi All,
Wanted to get your views on the following.

I need to create some audit logging on my 2005 database. Nothing exists at the minute. All users go through the application to the database so I don't need to worry about them. I just need logging for the support team ( myself and 2 other guys).

I've used auditing with oracle before using a trigger on each table to write before and after values to another table. I don't think that's the way to go here. I've also read some threads about using CLR to create a more generic solution.

What I really need is some sort of a database level trigger that will check who has logged on and if it's one of us guys then capture everything into a table or something. I'm hoping to use a read only account for general investigation etc and another one that has read /write and will be audited. I'm just not sure of the best way to implement this.

Any suggestions are more than welcome!!

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back