Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2004 Sets only ring on one intercom key ($75 reward)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haasd0g

Vendor
Mar 4, 2005
US
Literally, $75 for the solution

Please, someone set me straight before I blow my head off...
- BCM400
- Remote site on MPLS Network
- 6 2004 IP sets w/3 intercom keys

The following is an example, but condition exists on all phones:

Calls are transferred to HG via AA and broadcast to said 6 phones (ring only)
Call 1 rings at all and is answered at phone 1
Call 2 rings on remaining 5 but doesnt even appear on phone 1

This is literally killing me. I have been over my programming at least 50 times. I have these sets programmed exactly the same as the 7316s at the main site where this system (AA->HG) works like a champ. All the sets have 3 intercom keys to handle multiple calls.

To my knowledge it is not supposed to, its by design that it will not ring a set that is busy.
The purpose of Hunt Groups is to get the call to an non busy set so that is can be answered.

If you want people to take 2 calls at the same time then go old school and use Answer DN's.

There must be something/info incorrect about site B, maybe lines are assigned to the sets some how when shouldn't be if a member of an HG.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

To put it this way, the system see's if a sets are busy and if they are then caller gets a Busy Tone, Sits in the Queue (based on timer) or Overflows to another HG/DN.

How would the call ever do any of those 3 if a 2nd call was permitted to ring at a set that is already on a call.

That's why I sense some line programming is messing with you....just a theory, I could be wrong.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Curly, youre making me question all that I thought was right and good...
I put the phones in a pickup group and gave them all a f75 key, which is not the worst fix for this small office.
Tomorrow morning I will be heading over to the mothership to see if I am crazy thinking my original system works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back