Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2003 Standard CA: Issuing Computer Cert

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorty545

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2004
US
I've recently deployed an enterprise certificate authority on a windows 2003 standard server. I am trying get this server to issue computer certificates, but it cannot do so. The computer certificate is listed in the certificate templates, but when i go to the website to enroll for the certificate, it is not listed. I have tried everything to get this certificate listed for enrollment, but cannot do so.

Is there any reason this certificate would not be available from an enterpise CA running on Server 2003 standard?

IIRC v2 auto-issue certs can only be provided from an Ent. cert authority running on W2003 Enterprise.

I might also be thinking of customising templates which definitely need W2003E.

Neill

That's what I was afraid of. I've already rebuilt the box with 2003 Enterprise and it's able to issue the custum computer certs just fine.

Must have been a limitation of 2003Standard.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back