Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2003 Server Scheduled Task

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtech2k

MIS
Jul 24, 2003
US
I have found a weird thing in my server build. On one of my machines, I cannot schedule a new task nor can I edit an existing task. I have restarted the service, I have logged in as local admin and Domain Admin. No dice. The only way to get it to work is to hit the task scheduler on this server from another box. In other words, I use \\server_name from another box and can schedule tasks from there. This is so weird and I cant find anything about it.

This ever happened to anyone else? I will be checking other machines built with this build first thing in the morning.

-DJ

Go to SERVICES and check the properties for Task Scheduler service. Go to LOGON tab and check under which logon-account the service is running?, try to switch from system account to your admin account, restart service and check again. Check RPC service in the same manner.

I hope it is a start...
Regards,

The thing is that the jobs have been created to run with local admin or domain admin rights, but they cannot be created on the same box. I have to create the jobs from another box onto the first box.

Read again, go to Start-->control panel-->administrative tools-->services. Find Task Scheduler service and do what I have explained,test it.

Regards,
Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back