Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2003 server error caused shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinrx7

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2006
US
I came into work and saw that the server shut down and restarted due to a error. It was the type of error reports that ask to send or dont send. It stated "enhanced on-access anti-virus protection". I dont understand what exactly it is and why it would cause a reboot or restart of the server. Any ideas?
thanks.

What is the message in your System log?

~Intruder~
CEH, CISSP, MCSA/MCSE 2000/2003

"The Less You Do, The Less Can Go Wrong" :)

And what flavor of antivirus are you running?

~ K.I.S.S - Don't make it any more complex than it has to be ~

Sounds like an event - say a service failing - occured 3 times and your server is configured to shut down should this occur.

I think the default behaviour is to try to restart the service 2 times then I thought it rebooted on the 3rd. But perhaps it shut down.

Check the recovery settings on the service that failed which should be stated in your event logs.

Cheers,
Iain

I am running panda antivirus. I havent checked the log yet. I will get back to you guys on that. Will check it tonight.

One problem is the avengine.exe which is what caused the shutdown. I looked it up and its a panda antivirus process for internet security. I dont know how to resolve whatever issue is happening though. Some other errors that i have in my event viewer are code 2114 and 2103.

This is ssaser worm . Get a fix tool from symantec its free and start the machine in safe mode and then run it.

thanx
dev

ill try that and see if it works. thanks.

i ran that ssasser tool from symantec but it came up with no worm found. so...........the problem still exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back