Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2003 Server App Log Event 1006 & 1030

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieJ300

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2002
These errors are on a W2k3 server

Event ID: 1006 & 1030
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1006
Date: 3/14/2006
Time: 7:34:49 PM
User: domain\username
Computer: server3
Description:
Windows cannot bind to domain.com (Timeout). Group Policy processing aborted.
------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1030
Date: 3/14/2006
Time: 7:34:49 PM
User: domain\username
Computer: server3
Description:
Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine that describes the reason for this.

Eddie

Eddie,
have solved this problem?
I currently also have exactly the same problem and would be highly interested in a solution.

Best regards
sf

Thanks for the reply.

I just finally drilled down the problem (after 2 month searching for a solution) a few minutes ago...

The netdiag cmd (MS Support Tools) gave the hint.

1) netdiag reported a DNS problem (although in cmd-shell dns lookups worked fine)
2) netdiag reported a problem in setting up the secure channel to the DC.

The problem was that I also installed VMWare on the machine with VMWare network interfaces present. Obviously this spoiled the routing.

I deactivated the VMWare network interfaces. The problem was away after a reboot.

Hope this may help anybody ...
Best regards
SF

Just to add some side-effects of the problem:

ntbackup was also influenced: it hung-up directly after start.
(Hope you have an alternative backup strategy ;) )

Even this stupid "configure-your-server" html-application was broken (also hang-up).

-sf

Yes, we also had VMWARE on this server at one time. After removing all of the network interfaces (hidden devices in device manager) the error went away.

Eddie

Just a side note on this. I have also seen similar behavior on an exchange box when the RPC service for the Domain Controller it is trying to authenticate to is hung, I usually have to reboot the DC and then things are good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back