Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2003(SBS) - Print outgoing faxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveDundeeUK

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2003
GB
Does anyone know if it is possible so when users send documents to the shared fax printer, the server automatically also sends a copy of the fax to a local printer? There is an option to print incoming faxes but none for outgoing.
If their is no way of doing this, it does allow the .tif's to be archived to a folder. Is their any kind of software that creates a folder that can be linked to a printer so that if a document is copied into it, it sends it to print?

Thanks for any advice.

Yes, I think that you are right about that it is not possible to configure the shared fax server to print outgoing faxes automatically.

While I don't know about software which would map a printer queue to a directory, I think that it shouldn't be too difficult to write a small program/script which would check the fax archive directory periodically and print out all new files which it detects there. The program could also delete the files after they have been printed.

You could install this program as a service or use Windows scheduler to run the script every x minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back