Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2003 Migration Wizard from .pst - Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerbAndEdnaWeinstein

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
Hi, I've installed Exchange 2003 and I've yet to uninstall my Exchange 2000 in the same domain (same Active Directory as well).

I ran the Exchange 2003 Migration Wizard, and exported the Exchange 2000 mailboxes to .pst files. I use the Wizard to import the Migration files, and it runs through the individual users and messages, reporting that the various mailboxes are being imported into the 2003 instance.

However, the Exchange Manager does not indicate that any logons or mailboxes have been migrated. I look at the PRIV1.EDB file for the new Exchange instance, and I don't see any increase in its size, either.

I recall that, with Exchange 2000, the mailbox is not created until the user attempts to log on to it. However, whenever I attempt to configure a client's Outlook to point to the new mail server, it insists on resolving the name to that of the old mail server.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting? The thing i definitely want to avoid is removing the Exchange 2000 instance down before I can successfully populate the Exchange 2003 instance with mailboxes.

Thanks for reading!!
Herbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back