Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2003-2010 File Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2005
US
Given: Multiple Tables converted to Access 2003 file format.
Using Access 2003 and Access 2007 all tables are readable.
Now using Access 2010 some files do not appear in table or datasheet view. "This program is not responding" is the result.

Open the table in design view, then switch to datasheet view renders the table visable and copiable (if desired).
Close the datasheet view leaves the database operational. Open the file in datasheet view ln the same session results in "this program is not responding".

I took one of the tables and removed a memo field and tried to open the table and it did. I tried re-inserting the field and pasting the data back in -- sucesssfully. Close the table and try to reopen --- program not responding. Leaving the memo field out and close reopening the table solved the problem -- operationally -- but the memo field is needed. I looked at another table that was giving the same problem -- but no memo field in the table this time, so it is not just memo fields.

I tried coping the table -- no good.

I tried repairing the database -- no good.

I have looked at the data and it looks good.

Now what do you think?

Flumoxed,
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back