Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2002 Problem - "System Exception: Access Violation"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2002
US
I have 2 sites that I work on, one is the regular Internet site and the other is an Intranet site. I recently got a new PC that is running XP whereas the old PC was running 2000. Both have FrontPage 2002 running as well. I could open both sites fine on the old PC but with the new PC I can't open the Intranet site in FrontPage. The site can be viewed fine through IE, but not edited. No matter what page or file I try to open I get the "System Exception: Access Violation" error and have to shut down FrontPage.

The file is not protected, and to the best of my knowledge nothing happened to the folder in the 2 days I didn't have FrontPage running.

Any tips/ideas?

After struggling for 2 days with this problem, moments after posting the question here I found my answer. I needed Office XP SP2 to read the site due to a FrontPage theme being used. All works well now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back