Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000IVS. An extension that cannot page

Status
Not open for further replies.

3DNet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2003
US
I have one station on a 2000IVS that cannot page. He is using the correct access code for paging and other stations have no trouble paging using the same access code (88).

When the user tries to page, he gets the long tone, but it never goes away. This extension has the same trunk restriction class as other extensions where paging works correctly.

Is there some other place where trunk selection would be restricted by extension? I have already deleted and rebuilt the extension, but the trouble persists.

Anyone have any idea whether or not the location of the speaker would affect this?

There is a paging speaker directly above the user's desk, and I am wondering if this would somehow kill the sigal. When I was testing, I could barely hear the page, so it would seem that the user is hitting the page port. There were no volume problems during normal phone calls, and I swapped out the phone just in case, but I am still having the same trouble and symptoms.

have you tried a different LEN / port for the new station? Is there tenant service involved?

Need more info.

Is the access code for External Paging through a COT port?In Command 20, what does 88 equal to?

Programmed on a new LEN and allocated a different memory block. Still cannot hear this extension's page. Tenant service is not involved.

Paging access is through a COT port, and the access code works from all other extensions on the system.

I am going to move an extension (from which paging works at the moment) to this cable pair and see if the trouble follows.

I had an issue with some analog phones on an IPS retrofit. When they would page you could never here them. I deleted the paging trunk and reprogramed it. Dont ask me why it just worked. Maybe this will help.

You might wnat to try this, I got it from within the NEC forum...

....I know it is a timer in CMD 41 that causes this problem from analog phones. I think it is CMD 410>03. Try changing it to "00".

Also this...

Set command 3546>XX>0

XX represents the trunk route, which ever one your using for your paging route. This will make the Senders drop sooner and will speed up the voice cut-through.

Have you tried assigning new extension numbers (analogue or digital) leaving the problem extension as is and try to page using 88? It would be interesting to see if the problem also occurred on the additional LENS.

I would also try to connect a test handset ( analogue ) straight across the CO port on the tails/test frame, isolate the external paging equipment and then page from various handsets on the system, including the problem extension. You should hear the page clearly. This will help isolate the problem.

You should also try to connect a test handset ( analogue or digital ) straight accross the cable pair of the problem extension on the tails/test frame, ( remove the jumper wire first ) and try to page from the there.

Also have you reset the switch to re-allocate the time slots? I know this shouldn't make difference, but I had similar problems on an IPS retrofit where if you added new cards, extensions or reprogrammed existing numbers to different LENS, there was no speech path. The handset would ring, the time and date was correct on the display but there was no speech connection. The CPU would not allocate a time slot to those new LENS and it proved to be a CPU generic SW fault.

Hope all this makes sense, good luck.

Jesse
PABX Sales and Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back