Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000IPS - need 3 trunks to busy/no answer to 1 VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsols

Technical User
Jul 29, 2005
US
I've got 3 trunks (16, 17, 18) which are all ringing to an extension (209 - day and night). Originally they would stay ringing (3013/4/5/6>xx>15) however I've been asked to have them go to 209's VM. I've tried changing 3013/4/5/6 to 04/04/01/01 (ATCON) however it didn't change anything and the phone continues to ring @ 209. If I make an internal call to 209, it will go to VM as expected (E601/2/3 set to VM pilot). The trunks are CO lines, non-DID. Clearly I'm missing something. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

I may be totally wrong here but it would still be worth checking CMD 15 for 209s class of service. The commands I'm looking at in the book are 1526-1529. If that isn't it then I'll leave it up to someone else.

Thanks for the replies. 1202 is set to 1515 (restriction class). I checked 1526-29. Class A for 209 is RC 15, which is set to ALLOW (1) in all 4. I couldn't find any Restriction Class-like configuration for trunks (excuse my ignorance if that's a known thing) so I'm stumped. Going to go back through trunk configuration and see if there's something in there I'm missing.

Ok, I'm going to try something. Right now, all three trunks are set to 3002/3>xxx>02 (trunk line appearance) - I'm going to change them to 3002/3>xxx>04 (direct-in termination). Can anyone see why I shouldn't try this?

Hey! That did it! Thanks again for all the help. This board is a life saver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back