Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000 to 98 on Toshiba Laptop ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2002
GB
A friend of mine approached me the other day, and told me he had just bought a second hand Toshiba satellite pro 4200 laptop, with Windows 2000 installed. After a few niggling problems, and to cut a long story short, he has asked me to wipe off 2000, and install 98. My problem is, after visiting the Toshiba site, I cannot find any 98 drivers for that particular model, and Im not sure if the PnP drivers on the 98 CD will cover the peripherals on that model.

Any help would be appreciated.

What's wrong with the 2k? Its such a more stable o/s than 98 - if there are problems with 2k, I'd bet on worse with 98.

Sorry - not being helpful - I don't know about drivers for that machine - can only suggest using Google.

Yes, it's better to use w2k that w98. But regarding drivers:
you can install w2k drivers on w98 IF these drivers are WDM drivers. By the way, vice-versa rule also apply.

Victor K
psas@canada.com
MCSE+I;MCSA;MCSE(w2k);CNE(5.1);MCNE(6);CIWSP;CIWSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back