Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000 SP 4 and a new external modem puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

svu

Programmer
Apr 10, 2000
TH
I've 2 systems 1 in office and 1 at home both windows 2000 professional SP4. Both places i was using internal modem and one fine day i bought a new External Modem D-LINK DFM-560EL. First I tried it on my home system. Everything went perfect. I was happy with the speed and working of the modem. Then next day i took the same modem to office and connected to my pc. The modem got installed perfect. But, now when i dial everything goes fine till "Verifying username and password" and then..... it gives out error 619 - specified port is not connected. Sometimes the error is 721 - Remote computer is not responding. The internal modem is working fine. Anybody got any clue... pls help me.

thanks for your time and attention.

regards,
svu

Check in device manager to make sure nothing is conflicting. Maybe uninstall the driver and try reinstalling it.

thank you for your attention. I've checked everything possible like u said device confilt and reinstalled the driver atleast 10 times. 5 times from the driver CD and 5 times downloading the driver from the mfg. website. Still the problem remains.

regards,
svu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back