Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000 Pro machine can join NT4 domain but log script returns error 1314

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupus1

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2003
AU
HI,
I am trying to set up a new Win 2000Pro machine onto an existing Nt 4 Domain. When I first attempted to join domain I got the message "Cannot import y:\KIX\WINSDNS.REG...Some keys are open by the system or other processes" So OK I thought, I mapped the drives to match an existing machine and pointed y: to the nt batch file dir on the server. Negotiated to the correct directory and double clicked on the WINSDNS.REG file. Deleted the machine account from the server, Logged on to the new machine locally, Changed the machine name, Logged on to a workgroup, rebooted and then attempted to come back on to the domain. I still get the same error, plus a logon script error " error 85(which I figure is the script mapping a drive that I have already mapped Hmm), then error 1314 A required privilege is not held by the client" Maybe something to do with the current policy settings.My next step is to chuck the box out the window. Anyone have any ideas.
Ta lupus1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back