Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2000 Domain - NT Domain Trust Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyleuk

Technical User
Mar 20, 2005
GB
Hi All,

I am in need of some help regarding a issue between two domains, which are trusted.

We have two domains.
Domain A - Windows 2000 Domain
Domain B - Windows NT Domain

These two domains have a two way trust in place. The problem is that Domain B is unable to access any shares in Domain A (NT-2000)

Domain A is able to access shares without a problem on Domain B (2000-NT).

The Error message that comes up with Domain B tries to access a share on Domain A is "there are currently no logon service avaliable to service this logon request".

I have checked Wins Settings on Both domains these all, have the required entries. And I have even tried deleting and re establishing the trusts in both directions.

The Windows NT (DOMAIN B) is able to read the user list from the Windows 2000 (DOMAIN A) with no problems at all. However the Windows 2000 (Domain A) is unable to read the user list from NT (DOMAIN B) Which is why this is not working.

Please can you offer any help with this, as this is very frustrating many thanks!!!

lmshosts

1c record in particular it sounds like

-Brandon Wilson
MCSE00/03, MCSA:Messaging, MCSA03, A+
almost got a paragraph there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back