Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 wire analogue leased line connection using NT4 RAS server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy

Programmer
Jul 31, 2000
ZA
I am using 2 dataronics discovery modems to connect to computers running NT.<br><br>I have followed the instructions in the manual, but cannot get the dial-up networking to work properly.<br><br>The modems establish a connection between the two of them but do not allow dial-up neworking to connect.<br>

I got this from some else ... very nice ideea ...

instead of dialing a number you dial:
AT&F1&L1&M0D

at=attention
&f1=load default nvram config
&l1=switch to leased line opperating
&mo=no flow control (I not very sure why not. it works nice with hardware flow control also ...)
d=goes in dump mode !!!! Here is the key. When the dial-up wants to dial it &quot;sais&quot; ATDnumber but the modem (in dump mode) no loger listens to any other AT commands and the connection establishes via leased line :) inteligent move

PS
it works fine with USR Courier modems. Don't know about other models ...

If modems are in dumb mode use serial connect between two comp as your modem type, dont use dialup server at all.Use routing and remote access (RRAS) Be SURE speed on modems and serial ports match,

Hey Guys I have a similar problem.
I am running a w2k server with an analogue link out to a cisco router via 2 analogue modems and and a leased line.

The modems connect.
They w2k machine closes the connection after 60 seconds with an error that reads the remote device is out of order.

Veeran

How can i connect 2 small networks using a leased line but not having the costs of buying routers.
Can i use normal analogue modems if yes then which models?
And then what speed will I be TX/RX?
I have a W2K server.
Thanks very Much.

Mr. Poenaru, please give me some advice !
As I posted in an other thread where I saw you foir the first time I was only able to connect my 3com courier with the method described No other methof for now ! Can we discuss more on the email ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back