Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 SMTP Domains 1 2003 Exchange Server..Yes I'm Stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcarajoya

Vendor
Apr 27, 2004
US
First post ever...first exchange server ever (2003 SBS). I have 1 server, 1 company, 2 domain names. I added the first domain and receive emails just fine. I added the second domain in SYSTEM MANAGER-RECIPIENTS-RECIPIENT POLICY-DEFAULT POLICY as a new SMTP and clicked on the "This server is responsible..." checkmark on the bottom. I then added a new SMTP to a user with the second domain name. When I try to send to that user (externally) at the second domain name, I get an "error 553 no relaying allowed". What am I missing? I've searched everywhere (OK I searched Google and Microsoft) and can't find the answer. Please help, and help with simple words and t y p i n g s l o w l y. I'm easily confused. Thanks!!

I'm still looking everywhere I can think of and these are the only steps I find...I'm going to check back with the domain provider to doublecheck the MX record.

i am going to do the same type of setup thank god you posted this thread so that i can relook into the config.

I too runs a Exchange 2000 with 2 different SMTP domain.
Each of my users has 2 smtp address from both domain.

I was about to migrate it to Exchange 2003... :p

It would be something to do with creation of a dummy domain with full trust between both of them.

I know no voice, I knew nothing about systems,
i know NUTS on networking, Therefore I dont know anything!
-----------------------------------
©2003,2004 SCHT.

Aha!!! It is finally working...I checked the MX record in DNSStuff.org and it was set up wrong! I had the DNS people fix it and I'm getting emails now. So the steps they told me were correct after all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back