Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Routers with static IPs. Cant Ping From One Router to the Other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

max1mum

Programmer
Jan 8, 2003
US
We have 5 static IP's from our ISP. I have two routers setup to use one IP each. Both networks can get to the internet and i can ping "yahoo.com". I can ping my Routers external address (67.65.x.x) from within that network. I cant ping the other router from my other network. Kind of weird. Any ideas?

- Justin Dial

Max1mum.
- VBA Programmer
- Slackin on Studying for MCAD

Are the networks behind the routers on different subnets? If they are maybe that is your problem.

WanabeTek,

Nope the subnets are the same. I think i have figured it out. I was trying to use PING to check connectivity between the 2 routers, but if you have PPTP and IPSEC pass through enabled in the routers then the router filters ICMP packets (ping). that is why i couldnt PING. ;) Oh well now back to my VPN connectivity issue. Thanks for your response!.

- J.Dial

Max1mum.
- VBA Programmer
- Slackin on Studying for MCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back