Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 reports, Same Data, Different results (sometimes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewB2007

Technical User
Feb 25, 2008
US
I have two reports that are pulling one of their calculatioins from the same exact location. One report is calculating everything correctly. The "other" report has the same exact calculation going on but randomly the end result is being doubled. I have went through the function methodically. There is no reason that I can see for this. Plus if it was located in one of the functions it would double the data every time. Has anyone ever seen this or have any suggestions on where to look... I am at a loss and I'm need to get these reports done... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you are needing more description please ask. Using Crystal XI, with a DB2.

Is this a formula field that is getting doubled? If so please post this formula as well as any formulas it references.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

I have gained a little more head way. I have broke out the columns to show the true data behind the formula. One column there is no calculations need and is working just fine. The second column I have to do a SUM on and it is the column that is randomly doubling the data. For Example

This is the correct one...
Driver A
Col A Col B
SUM()
80 40
80 40
40 50

This is the incorrect one...
Driver A
Col A Col B
SUM()
160 40
160 40
40 50

I don't understand what would cause this to act this way. The table linking a very simple. As well are the formulas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back