Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 MTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

contsi

MIS
Dec 17, 2003
US
When I look at the groupwise agents, the MTA is loaded twice.
What are the consequences of this? Should I unload and reload the MTA? Is the command simply "unload mta" and "load mta".
Thanks

The command is "unload gwmta". Not sure what the consequences are of having two mta's running on the same domain. If they were started witht the same parameters, you should be able to unload one of them without causing a problem.

You really should get to the source of the problem though. Look in the autoexec.ncf file to see if it is starting more than one instance of the mta. What is likely to have happened is this: Admin installs GroupWise (or service pack) with default settings. This creates "grpwise.ncf". "grpwise.ncf" contains the commands to start the mta (gwmta.nlm @domain.mta). Admin doesn't realize that the mta is being called from the grpwise.ncf file and decides to put the command to start the mta right in the autoexec.ncf. Thus, the mta gets started twice.

Check all of the ncf files to see where the mta is being called. If it's being called in two different places with the same parameters, delete one of them.

Hope this helps.
-Ron

We all play from the same deck of cards, it's how we play the hand we are dealt which makes us who we are. -Me

murof siht edisni kcuts m'I - PLEH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back