Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 more questions regarding voicemail ans programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apersons

Programmer
Apr 28, 2016
US
Worked on a system today that only had 7208 phones. Ive been told you have to have 7310 or 7316 phones to program a system. Is this correct? I kept getting an access denied error when trying to login using config. I know ext 21 is the primary programming ext. Was i getting blocked because of the phone type?

Same system wasnt letting me access voicemail via f981. I did not see an external voicemail setup. Everytime i used f981, f985, etc.... I got 'invalid feature'. Yet one of the phones said 'message for you' on the lcd.

The system was a cics. I dont know what version or the history of the system.

If you're talking about an "ICS" system, then you do indeed need a M7310, M7324 or T7316 phone. As for the other problem, are you sure they have a local voice mail system? The only systems with built-in voicemail is the "BCM" series. IOW, if there's not a Call Pilot or Flash voicemail on the wall, likely they don'y have "Local" voicemail. If there is a call pilot or Flash, then you also need one of the above phones to program it unless it's on the LAN.

Yes, it was an ics system. I didnt see a call pilot or anything. Didnt figure they had local voicemail, but thought id check anyway.

In regards to getting 'invalid feature', i ran across a meridian system that did have a voicemail system. I fail to remember which kind. Everything was hooked up, i power cycled both the voicemail and the meridian systems, but again, kept getting 'invalid feature' when using vm feature codes. My report to the customer was a dead vm system and the need to replace it. Was there anything i could have done to save it? The company had a power outage and the voicemail apparently never recovered.

It all depends what voice mail system it is.
Power supply (even though you see a light), connections between systems, F902 on Flashtalk to initialize if it defaulted.
Next time start a new thread and post versions of both KSU and Voice Mail to assist in troubleshooting.

As for the message on your screen you can do Feature 65 to see whom left the message.
One person can send another person a message by doing Feature 1 then the extension number, the other person does F65 to see who called so they can call them back, F#65 to clear the message.
Poor mans vmail.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back