Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 internet connection 1 web server not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalswag

Technical User
Sep 20, 2006
CA
I have 2 inter net connection that connect to a sonicwall firewall each internet has there own firewall. i have setup my dns so that if one internet is down the other we request should come in on the other internet connection the web server has a public ip address in the dmz of the sonicwall and both internet connect to different lans one is 172.16.80.xxx and the other connect to 172.16.43.xxx now sitting on the 43 network i am able to get the web server though the private routers but when i try and come on that internet connecting it does not work. the core of the network is cisco routers connected to mpls network. i have more info but don't know what would be helpfull. any help at this time would be great...

If you have a Windows 2003 server with 2 network cards, it won't work if you have a gateway assigned to each network card.

you probably need some policy routing on your lan for the multihoming to work properly...

pbr will rotue based on the source address.. so if the request came from isp a you could set the next hop to the ispa gateway and the same for ispb..

that way the server itself only needs one default gateway.

the server should reply with whatever address the request was made on.

i have this set up on my servers... but both ips are in the same subnet. works like a treat.

here is my route map.. its very simple..
it just looks at the source address and routes accrodingly.
my first rule is just because i have a few different lan subnets and i dont want them routed to the internet when they are trying to communicate to each other

route-map ROUTEMAP permit 5
match ip address LAN
!
route-map ROUTEMAP permit 10
description ISP1
match ip address ISP1
set interface Dialer2
!
route-map ROUTEMAP permit 20
description ISP2
match ip address ISP2
set interface Dialer1