Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Forms for one Table - Open on Next Blank Record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tresanus

Technical User
Oct 7, 2007
US
I have created one table (with 2 forms) to collect equipment test data. These are prototype machines that we are currently testing before we release them.

First form is a survey to collect failed test data. EX the machine did not perform because... It also includes Tester Name, Date, Model Number, Comments etc..

I have created a second form using the same table. This form is for the "head tester, or administrator" to back-fill comments on data that testers have already populated. So that they can make input resolutions to the problems noted by the initial user.

What I am looking to do is have the form open on the first blank record. But I want to be able to designate a particular field within the form. If the head tester has not input their name or time stamp then open to that record. Or would it be easier to make a command box that navigates to the first blank field (Head Tester Name).

Please let me know if I have described this sufficiently!

Thank you for you help!

You could set the forms record set to a query of the table. In the query use isnull or "" as criteria for a specific field. This will only populate the form with records that match your criteria for editing.

HTH

Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic

[flush]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back