Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Extensions to One Avaya IP Phone 4412D+

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnum04

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2012
Is it possible to assign more than one extension to an Avaya IP Phone? We are currently using IP Office 412 Ver 2.0. Please advice on how to approach this.

Thank you in advance!

Make a group with the name of the second user and have the actual phone as the only member, only way really :)

So, currently user A has ext 1000. He also needs an ext 1001 that is routed to the same phone. So I created 1001 extension for user A2 and setup the incoming call route to that ext. And I created a Hunt group named User A Phones and added the first extension only of the user. Is this all I need to do? Please let me know.

You mean DDI 1001?
You can point multiple incoming call routes to the same extension.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

1001 is an extension that I used as an example. The user basically wants two different numbers (xxx) xxx-xxx1 and (xxx) xxx-xxx2 for himself but only use one phone. User is an executive in our office and some how his current extension keeps getting a lot of spam calls from Head hunters and others. Hence the request.

Don't get DDI/DID's mixed up with extns, they are completely seperate entities. If you just want 2 external numbers (DDI/DID's) to ring a handset then just set that extn as the destination for both. If you want a handset to have 2 internal extn numbers the make the group the 2nd extn and name and add the handset into the group :)

Then i understand what you mean.
Route xxx-xxx2 to the same phone.
You could route it trough VMPro first and tag it so you know which number is called.

BAZINGA!

So will he be able to place outgoing calls from either of the numbers as if they were two different phones?

You need to use a different prefix for sending a different number.

BAZINGA!

Not without further configuration, but you never mentioned this as a requirement before :)

How do I setup a diffrent prefix and what kind of configuration is involved? Thank you for your patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back