Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 ext numbers on one phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayg9999

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
US
is there a way that I can have an phone with both an existing ext number (101) and also add a DID from my DID pool (239 -259). I have a MLX-28 and for part of opur business we have 8 POTS lines set up as line appearance on individule buttone. I would like to add an incoming line as a direct line from my PRI using a DID.

Is there an easy way to do this?

To do this, you would need to have a SHARED SYSTEM ACCESS button from another Extension.

There are a few tricks to making this work without a physical extension.

One way would be to use an ADJUNCT, renumber it to the D-I-D and then set up the SSA.

What makes it tricky is that you would have to put a cover button on a REAL extension so the ADJUNCT would really ring.

There is no real extension. any other thoughts?

Merlinman,
Could you explain this is a little more detail. I am actually trying to accomplish this now with the attendant's console.

OK,

Each TDL or MLX extension has an ADJUNCT.

On a system with all things default, extension 10 has an adjunct of 710, OR - extension 100 has an adjunct of 300, OR - if you "SET UP SPACE" extension 7100 has an adjunct of 7300.

An ADJUNCT can be a REAL DEVICE (an Multi Function Module) installed in it's associated extension MLX phone (NOT TDL) or a PHANTOM device (A NUMBER ONLY)

OK, GOT IT?

So, to do what jayq999 was trying to do you would do the following:

RENUMBER the ASSOCIATED ADJUNCT (710, 300 or 7300) to the D-I-D you want to get calls for. (i.e. 239)

Put Shared System Access Buttons on extension 101 for 229.

Put a COVER BUTTON on 101 for 239 ON BUTTON 34 (a button you can not see, but which will cause 239 to ring)

This will work, but it is a bit "Exotic".

Rocket,

The only issue with shared system access buttons is that you cannot put them on the console telephone (or any operator position). You would have to use a primary coverage button for the adjunct on the console whereby only being able to take (1) call at a time for the adjunct extension.

Telcom is right - A sad but true fact - OPERATORS and SINGLE LINE EXTENSIONS (NOT ADJUNCTS) can not have or receive SSA.

I hate that, but that's the way it is.....

Thanks Merlinman, just one ,more question, how do you assign a button you can not see? (34)

when you are in centralized programming, press any current button, the option for Page 1 and Page 2 then appears. choose page 2 and you will have buttons 21 through 40 versus 1-20.

Thanks,. this may be a silly question, but how do you get into centralized programming. I have WinSPM as well as a 20L

menu, sys prog, exit or start depending upon if Legend or Magix, More, cntrl prog, prog ext.

OK, starting to program the extenion. For the coverage button, is it:

Coverage
CoverageOff
CoverageVMS
CoverInside

I have a question, which I think is related. I have a client which has added two POTS lines to a system which is shared by three other companies. Their are three AA (AA1, AA2, AA3) in the Merlin Messaging Card . Currently 6 of the twelve MM ports are being used. They would like to add an additioinal Auto attendant (AA4) to the mix for the additional POTS. Along with adding AA4, the Auto attendant would allow the callers which enter AA4 to process through extensions which already exist in AA1. Would following the directions in this thread accomplish what the client is requesting from above?

Unless I am wrong, the MerlinMail and Merlin Legend Mail only support 3 AutoAttendants!

Don't know if you can add a second MM or MLM in the same system.

See if anyone else responds.....

....JIM....

I forgot to add, this is a Merlin Magix System. Would that make a difference in regards to the Merlin Messaging? If not would the client need to add an additional Messaging card, is that even possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back