Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 easy beginner questions - reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

klmack

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
US
Hi, I tried searching for answers and these questions are probably way too basic:

1) Does it matter where on a report you put summary calculations, can the summary math be in the report header, or does it have to run "chronologically" after the data?
2) I have to edit someone else's reports/subreports to change a TrueRate field to BlendedRate, and all the long calculations are hidden in little text boxes. Is there any easy way to see the report expressions, like you can view the SQL in queries? I have not learned Visual Basic (yet).

Thanks from a beginner!

Access is so deep that you can almost always work out an expression to sum where you want it to be BUT, I would recommend you take the EASIEST path for awhile.

When you are using GROUPING, if you want a sum for that group put it in either the GROUP HEADER or GROUP FOOTER. When you want a sum for the whole report, ALWAYS use the REPORT FOOTER.

As for your 2nd question, you pretty much have to go and look in each text box, though if you righ mouse click and click properties in the box and leave it open you can go from text box to text box and the properties stays open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back