Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossthebossuk

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2004
GB
Hi
I was wondering if you can have Windows XP logging on to 2 different domains?
I have a laptop that I use at home and at work. I have a 2003 server running at home with a domain called SUTHERLAND and at work we have a 2000 server with a domain called PREMIER1. Is there any way of the laptop being able to log onto both domains?

Thanks

I believe the only way would be to have the domains trusted.

do you want to logon to both at once or switch between each domain when you are at home or work?

Leon

Do you need to log onto your home domain? (ie, what resources do you need to access that you can't by logging on locally with a user account credentials that also exist on the domain - which gives you access to domain resources).

Scottew is correct. You would need to have the domains trusted.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Does anybody have a really easy-peasy guide on how to create a trust between two domains. I am sure there is an MS knowledge base article, yes, but sometimes these tend to omit basic things. Could anyone suggest a NON-MS guide also. Sorry if this sounds really trivial.

They might not like that at work. Can't you set up a different profile for home, and work?

-David
2006 Microsoft Valueable Professional (MVP)
2006 Dell Certified System Professional (CSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back