Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Domain Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

insightbill

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2003
US
I have setup 2 domain controllers across a wireless link. they are both in the same domain. my intent is that if the wireless link goes down users can still authenticate etc.

how do i setup DNS so that each location has a dns server that shares data back and forth?

If the DC's are on the same domain, then the only thing that would need to be done is have the second server configured as a Global Catolog server, and configure DNS on the second server so that it will get copies of the DNS zone and zone changes from the primary DC.

Authentication, and name resolution should be good from that point.

are the clients wired or wireless? because if wireless goes down, then no client will be auth..enticating to any server

yes clients are wired. the wireless is just between buildings. how do i make one DC to be the global catalog server?

Active Directory Sites and Settings. You have to drill down to the NTDS settings of the secondary DC. Go to the properties of the NTDS settings and there is a check box to add the server as a Global Catolog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back