Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 different internet connections for our company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acoustictech

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2005
US
I have about 80 users and our T1 line was starting to max out on it's bandwith. I ordered a 1.5mpbs/1.5mbps SDSL line to split 2 floors. That router was installed yesterday. I also have a sonic firewall on the T1 line, and an extra firewall on standby for the new SDSL line.

I'm trying to learn how I can keep everything networked while still using 2 different internet connections. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best setup I should attempt to use?

simple but might be not very flexible aproach is to split your network to 2 VLANs with 2 different gateways for each vlan

I do not know if sonic firewall is capable of load balancing between two uplinks. If it can load balance I would skip the round robin and would keep each session on the same interface for the duration of conversation

what is your T1 router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back