Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 different CMS login screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi900

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2010
AU
Hi,
TO give u guys a bit of background

Installing BO XI 3.1 SP3 on 2 unix (solaris container)using oracle 11.2.
Its a clustered environment so the i installed BO 3.1 on box A and then after configuring it, I installed BO 3.1 on the second box B.
Also applied SP3 on both the boxes.

Now my main issue is why do i see different CMS logon screen.
CMS Logon Screen page for box A - looks like old SP2 version screen with Black header on top of the LOGIN BOX.

But the Box B - has newer Login Screen ?

Why there is such a difference? and how do i check if all is correct and same version installed.(with Obivious stuff i copied installation files from the same BO Install DISK on each Unix Box).

any ideas people..

regards

Look at the addresses in your browser - they are probably not the same, since it sounds like you have two different web servers with different content.

http://newBOE31:8080/businessobjects/blah blah blah

The two web servers (if that is what is happening) can still both access the clustered CMS, but if you need multiple web servers for failover or user load you would use a non-SAP utiliy to have a single web address represent multiple servers (web farm). Otherwise, disable the 'old content' web application server (Tomcat?) and have your users only use the link to the 'new content' server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back