Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Delphi Questions - Sliders and Docking

Status
Not open for further replies.

spindiggy

Technical User
Dec 20, 2000
US
Hello All,
I'm somewhat new to coding with delphi 5 but have been making out ok. I have to questions that I hope someone can awnser.

1st, Does anyone know of a slider or a trackbar that can be used for an eq on an mp3 player. I need it to be vertical with the max seting at the top. I am using a slider that supports bitmaps for the bar and the thumb but instead of the eq sliders working as winamp, slide up to increase base/treble, They slide down. They are backwards but since I'm new to coding, I don't know how to make it work right.

Second, If I have a project with 3 forms, Main form, eq, and playlist, How can I have them so that they will dock or stay where I want on startup. Currently, When I start the player, The mainform shows in the middle of the screen and when I click the eq or playlist button, They pop up whereever they want instead of under the player much like winamp.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

About the first question I don't know...

The second question:
Every form has a property position. When you set the value of this property to poDesigned for example, the form shows in the application on the position where you designed it.

I hope this was what you meant.

Hello,
I tried that and yes, That is what I was looking for. However, Do you have any idea as to how to make the eq and playlist move with the main? Meaning, When I start the player, The eq and playlist are now alogned with the main form but when I move the main form, The eq and playlist stay where they were.

I'll try to find some docs on forms if I can. I've been looking but haven't had any luck as of yet.

Thanks for our help,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back