Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Channelized E1/PRI port configuration on 3640 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

baye

Technical User
May 29, 2002
ZW
I recently installed a 2 Channelized E1/PRI card on my 2 office routers (both cisco 3640s). The cards come up fine, my E1s are syncing with each other quite fine, but the virtual serial interfaces that are created wont bring up the Line protocol at all ! The s0/0:0 will come up but the line protocols stays down ! My carrier says on his side he is fine. does anyone have an idea of why this is happening ? is there a configuration i am leaving out ?

here is how i have configured my two ends of the E1s:

controller E1 2/0
framing NO-CRC4
channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

and.

controller E1 1/0
framing NO-CRC4
channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

my serials are simply :

interface Serial1/0:0
ip address 19x.x.x 255.255.255.252
!

What am I getting wrong exactly please ? clocking is internal on both ends, coding is hdb3 and thats about it.

Please help !

are you trying to "bond" these two links together to make one logical connection between your routers, or do the T's in each office run to diffenet area's?

if so, don't you need to create an "interface Multilink 1(or whatever number)" and then make the two E interfaces part of that Multilink group..

I may be way off here of what you're trying to do but, just trying to help.

if you provide a loopback at one of the routers does it bring up the other side?

im wondering if your telco isn't providing the clock and maybe you need to change to line or external at one end.

you have ordered full e1 clear channel correct?

the next step is to have the carrier give you loops in both directions and look at the status of your interfaces.
they should go up/up (looped)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back