Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 branch offices

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrentEaston

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2003
US
I am new to this aspect of the Legend system, so please forgive me if I ask redundant questions. Like so many others out there, I have a two offices with a Merlin Legend 7 system. One of our offices is going to be moving to a new location, and half of the other is moving to the space that will be vacated (basically, I am slitting one of my offices in half). Both office have a Legend system, and we will install a Legend system in the 3rd.

Are there any major advantages to setting up TieLines between these offices? I am sure there will be a cost savings, but would that make a substantial difference? Would the best advantage be that when half the office moves to the new location, we could setup our Legend systems as if they are still in the exact same office (meaning that their extension numbers would stay the same, and if a line rang at our primary office, it would ring at the branch office as well)?

Also, is there any way to install 5 extensions in a small office we setup and have it work on the Legend system? This small office I am talking about is about 10 miles from the other location (so I don't know if that is really possible or not).

Thanks.

Lots of possibilities, depending on the specific situation. Mostly to asnser the cost savings, it depends on the volume of calls made, and the cost of the tie circuits.

Pepperz@charter.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back