Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 ASM Core and 1 BSM (SIP station not registering)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bankingguy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2017
SG
My SIP station is not able to register to BSM.

I have 2 Core SM and 1 BSM.

I have added my BSM here in the 46xx settings controller list

SET SIP_CONTROLLER_LIST "11.11.117.11:5061;transport=tls",11.11.118.11:5061;transport=tls",20.20.4.20:5061;transport=tls"

Then i have added SET SIMULTANEOUS_REGISTRATIONS 3 but still fail to register.

This is Aura 8.1 any ideas?

You should never put the BSM in the settings file. The phone will learn the BSM via PPM - so the survivability server has to be set in the SM profile to the BSM.

You don't put it in the settings file because the phones on that subnet will always try to register every so often to the all SMs in the list - and if someone from another site/another BSM logs in, about an hour later, the phone will try to register to 20.20.4.20 and get a 404 not found and logout.

Fun fact: in 8.1.3, visiting SIP user survivability is supported. So, kinda like H323 where IP address = Network region = alternate gatekeeper list for that region, now that visiting user to your site would be reassigned on the fly to that 20.20.4.20 BSM via PPM.

Otherwise, if you got all 3 in the profile, traceSM and see what's up.

@randycarroll should i remove all quote marks?

enclose the full string in double quote marks.

SET SIP_CONTROLLER_LIST "11.11.117.11:5061;transport=tls,11.11.118.11:5061;transport=tls,20.20.4.20:5061;transport=tls"

I still standby my point about not putting BSM in the settings file!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back