Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Access questions (tab order and reports)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenHaddock

Technical User
Mar 10, 2005
GB
Firstly, when I made a particular form in access I had to fiddle on and add/delete things as I went along. Thus, the tab order (as in when you press tab, it doesnt go to the next box) is wrong.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Secondly, I have a number of reports for the system, but I also want to make some more specific ones.

The system is for managing the IT issues that occur in the firm. Aswell as other details, each entry has a "status" field which indicats status, for example "In Progress" or "Resolved" etc.

How can I make the report so that it only shows entries with a specifically selected status. For example, if I want to view only the entries marked as "in progress" how would I do it?

Many thanks.

Hi GoldenHaddock,

Firstly - in Form Design, select View > Tab Order and change it any way you want.

Secondly, the quick and easy way - go into design mode on the Query for the Report and set the criteria for the Status field to [blue]=[Please Enter Status to Report on][/blue] (or something of the sort). When you run the report you should then be prompted. You can make it more sophisticated with a Form - it depends on who is going to use it.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back