Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2 Access 2000, subform probs, scrollbar and field jumping

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbasslichtie

Programmer
Oct 2, 2002
GB
Hi I was wondering if I could get some help on 2 problems I have please.

My first problem is, I have an object box which displays a subform within a large form. The problem I have is that the user wants to be able to scroll down the subform whatever side of the screen they are. It could be that they can only see the right side of the subform, or only the left.

I cant really put the scrollbar on the right or the left of the object box as neither solution is good enough. Ideally I need to place the scroll bar as a fixed object within the box, so that it starts on the left of the screen, but as I scroll along, it should move along as well so its always accessible. Is there a solution for this problem?

My second problem is also related to the subform, which is based on a table, I would like to be able to press a button that bumps the values in the tables along 2 columns, so for example if the data in the table is "1,2,3,4,5,6", when I press a button in a form I would like the data to become "_,_,1,2,3,4,5,6". Is this possible?

Many thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back